This agreement is between the client (the “CLIENT”, YOU”, “YOUR”)
Parasol Media LLC, (“PARASOL MEDIA”, “WE”, “OUR”, “US”), a company organized and existing under the laws of the State of OHIO, with its registered office located at: 565 Metro Place South, Suite 300, Dublin, Ohio, 43017, USA.
It is designed to protect both the CLIENT and PARASOL MEDIA, and sets expectations between both parties in order to ensure that both sides are informed about the course of the relationship.
This is the entire agreement between PARASOL MEDIA and the CLIENT, and supersedes any other negotiations and agreements.
- A 50% deposit is required to book YOUR production with US. For projects where travel is required, WE may request a deposit of 75% of the estimated fees.
- Deposits must be paid within 7 days of signing YOUR proposal which allows US to hold the dates for YOUR project. WE temporarily hold YOUR dates for 7 days after sending the proposal. WE cannot guarantee that YOUR dates will remain available without a deposit.
- The remaining balance, plus any expenses will be due on completion of the project.
- PARASOL MEDIA reserves the right to request 100% of OUR estimated fees upfront depending on the complexity of and/or equipment required to complete the project.
- OUR fees exclude expense items not agreed on in YOUR proposal for the scope of work. Such expense items may include but are not limited to any royalty-free content, postage, couriers, overseas telephone charges, hard drives, accommodation, mileage, and travel.
- Any major project alterations, not agreed prior to starting the project must be submitted in writing and may incur additional charges.
- WE do accept checks/cheques. In the event that a check/cheque is returned, regardless of the reason, the CLIENT will be charged a $50.00 returned check/cheque fee and an alternative payment method will be used. For simplicity, WE recommend online banking as a preferred method of payment. PARASOL MEDIA will always include bank account details on OUR invoices.
- For international payments, please ensure that the full amount on the invoice arrives in OUR account to avoid late payment charges. Currency exchange rates and banking transfer charges are the sole responsibility of the CLIENT and not of PARASOL MEDIA.
- Payments can be made online with a debit or credit card.
- WE reserve the right to charge an interest rate of 1% annually for any invoices not paid within the agreed payment term.
- In the event that initial, part or deposit payments were made on a debit or credit card, YOU agree to authorize PARASOL MEDIA to complete the outstanding payment transaction by processing YOUR card details.
- Any elements created for YOUR project by PARASOL MEDIA remain OUR property until all invoices have been paid in full by the CLIENT. WE retain exclusive royalty-free rights to make reproductions of the created elements for OUR portfolio, self-promotion, website and to procure future projects unless agreed in writing with the CLIENT.
- Ownership and copyright for any project content and materials will remain with PARASOL MEDIA in the event of non-payment.The CLIENT or any third party will not be permitted to use that which is owned by PARASOL MEDIA.
PARASOL MEDIA will hold any CLIENT information, project or otherwise, in the strictest confidence. WE will not disclose information to any person(s) or entity, except where absolutely required to do so by Law.
- The CLIENT may cancel the project at any time with written notice.
- The CLIENT is responsible for payment on work carried out for the project up to the point of cancellation and will reimburse PARASOL MEDIA for any costs incurred in cancellation fees on or after the date of cancellation as it pertains to the project. Written cancellation must be submitted to email@example.com.
- For projects canceled within 7 business days of production, PARASOL MEDIA may charge the CLIENT 25% of the total project fee as well as any reimbursements.
YOU acknowledge that this document is not an employment agreement and that PARASOL MEDIA LLC is providing services as an Independent Contractor.
WE undertake every project in good faith and WE will provide high-quality services while working on YOUR project. However, results can be influenced heavily by factors beyond the work of PARASOL MEDIA. Therefore, WE cannot guarantee the outcomes for YOUR business from the use of the videos that WE create.
- A CLIENT may terminate the contract at any time in writing giving a minimum of 10 working days notice.
- When a CLIENT terminates the contract they remain liable to pay in full for all committed future costs and work undertaken, and for the progress up to the date that the written cancellation is received. All written communication must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARASOL MEDIA reserves the right to charge up to 25% of the total production fee if the cancellation is made within 7 days of the shoot or production deadlines (whichever is soonest). The CLIENT will also be responsible for any charges incurred by PARASOL MEDIA including, but not limited to travel cancellation fees, accommodation cancellation fees and external crew cancellation fees.
- Any monies (excluding the deposit) held on YOUR account (and unused) or overpayments received in error (or otherwise) may be returned subject to a 10% administration charge plus any credit or debit card charges that have been incurred.
- PARASOL MEDIA retains the right to assign supply of the product(s) or service(s) to another suitable company (“Subcontractor).
- These terms may be varied from time to time by PARASOL MEDIA or modified in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the CLIENT’s requirements.
- The CLIENT agrees to hold harmless and defend PARASOL MEDIA, OUR independent contractors, affiliates, agents, employees, partners, and suppliers from any liability, loss, claim, damage, and expense (including attorneys’ fees) related to any elements, including but not limited to logos, footage or music that YOU supply or approve.
- PARASOL MEDIA is not obligated to carry out a production where circumstances make the production unfeasible. Circumstances include but are not limited to, Acts of God, terrorism, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, or strike. Under these circumstances, the CLIENT may terminate the contract under the terms of OUR cancellation policy. WE will make every effort to reschedule shoots where possible.
- The CLIENT will not request of PARASOL MEDIA or it’s independent contractors, anything that may place individuals in situations which may result in litigation, danger, serious injury, dismemberment or death.
- While every care is taken with OUR client’s property, PARASOL MEDIA will not be held liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, to YOUR property. Liability for such loss or damage shall be limited to the replacement cost of materials or media.
- Normal office hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm EST, Monday to Friday.
- CLIENT has 72 hours to make claims to PARASOL MEDIA. All claims must be made in writing. WE will deem all goods sold as accepted at the agreed price if no claims are made within this allotted time frame.
- Using OUR contact form is an acceptable way to submit a claim, as is the use of OUR email@example.com email address.